Contributory Parent and Retirement Visas

The Contributory Parent visa allows parents to live in Australia if their child is an Australian citizen. The application charge limit for these visas is adjusted by the AGA each financial year as per the Migration (Visa Application) Charge Act 1997. The AGA publishes the calculations for these adjustments each year.

The Retirement visa is designed for retirees and their partners (if any) who want to spend some of their retirement years in Australia. At the request of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship the AGA has developed some modelling around this visa.